From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu [videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu]
On Behalf Of Shoaf,Judith P [jsh...@ufl.edu]
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 11:25 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Textbooks on reserve?

Maybe I am too quick to reply, but for heaven’s sake! The entire concept of
libraries is that they allow people to read books without having to buy them.
Of course they “cause loss of revenue” if one assumes that even one person who
borrows the book from the library would have bought it if it were not available
at the library. But that is what libraries do.

Judy