That's for sure, Swank is not cheap. We are getting a few streams from
them to check out the service but I think they will prove way too
expensive to obtain much from them in the long run.

Otherwise we are contacting smaller companies directly and negotiating
streaming rights for varying prices and amounts of time. We get streams
in support of classes, especially for distance learning and for courses
at our regional campuses, since these students are non-residential and
cannot easily get to the library to view or check out media. However, on
campus courses are also making use of streams so that class time can be
used for teaching rather than screening films and so that large classes
have easier access to the film. Faculty can then make viewing
assignments to students in the same way the make reading assignments.
Especially for large classes, having the streams facilitates this.

Screening in class is still being done where it makes pedagogical sense,
of course.

Jo Ann

Jo Ann Reynolds

Reserve Services Coordinator