Well, I agree with you about people who want to use it for free. In my
reserve role I've been playing the copyright police for a long time. I
am familiar with what one can and can't do and I don't hesitate to
advise faculty who want to use our services.

It is an ethics issue and the State of Connecticut comes down pretty
hard on those who violate ethics or laws. To help faculty understand
this issue I worked with our Ethics & Compliance Office to include a
short segment on copyright for faculty in the next mandatory round of
ethics training. I'm hoping it has some impact. I'll let you all know if
I live through it. LOL.

Jo Ann

Jo Ann Reynolds
Reserve Services Coordinator