hi Rhonda
This may be a long shot but we have a film called Paradise Bent which talks about the culture of homosexuality in Samoa.
Here is a short description: the 'full descriptionis on our website
"This is one of the first explorations of the Samoan fa'afafines, boys who are raised as girls, fulfilling a traditional role in Samoan culture. The film shows how in the large Samoan family there may be one or two fa'afafines who are not only accepted but appreciated. They cheerfully share the women's traditional work of cooking, cleaning and caring for children and the elderly. Today's fa'afafines are becoming more westernized and look more like drag queens."

It was produced ten years ago but it's timeless, I think.
Sue
Sue E. Oscar
Filmakers Library
124 East 40th St