From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Tatar, Becky
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:11 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Checkflix device

Hi, all,

We have received some promotional material about a machine called
Checkflix that can do a 5 second scan of an optical disc - cd, cd-rom,
dvd, blu-ray, etc, and determine the damage on it.  We have an RTI
cleaner, but sometimes, all a disc needs is soft cloth cleaning with a
disc cleaner.  Does anyone have a Checkflix machine?  Do you like it?
Is it worth the $750?

On another note, I just want to thank all of you for the education I've
gotten on this list.  Gary, Jessica, Deg, Mike, Randy, and all - You
have been so helpful and informative about all things video and more.  I
thank you in my head everytime someone asks me about showing films to a
group or school.  Twice this week I had questions about showing films in
school for a movie day, and at a college for a film festival.  So even
though I thank you when it happens, I don't think the rest of us thank
you enough, so Thank You!

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library