http://chronicle.com/blogPost/Study-Finds-Copyright-Concerns/22211/

It would seem to me that the clip-compilation exception for media professors
would logically extend to fair use in criticism.

I can see that if the article is a digital article with embedded clips from,
say, a contemporary TV or talk show, that could feel to author or editor like
something too open to accusations of abuse.

We just had a thread, didn't we, on using movie stills in an article?

??

Judy