Has anyone seen anything in the documentary area, or industrial film area,
that would take us inside a printing plant where books are manufactured?
The ideal film would show something about paper making, and then, inside the
printing plant, a web press and a sheet fed press, folding of signatures into
pages, gathering of signatures into the book block, printing the cover or
jacket, and gluing or sewing the cover on.
While I'm on the industrial kick here, a similar question: We could use a film
on how digitally driven warehouses work. At the Ingram and Amazon warehouses,
for instance, where millions of titles are stored, the fork lifts are robots
that can pick and pack titles for bookstores.  Our publishing faculty would
love to see something like that!

Maureen Tripp
Media Librarian
Iwasaki Library