Thank you Gary for a pleasant take-my-mind-off work assignment.

Here are some titles that come to mind:

The under-rated Janis Carter in Framed (1947) but particularly Night
Editor (1946): you don't get more cold-blooded fatale than this. (out on DVD)

Polly Moran and Marie Dressler in Politics (1931)  a Lysistrata
story. (Warner Archive)

Front Page Woman (1935) with Bette Davis as a journalist competing
against men but better still the whole Torchy Blane series now
available from Warner Archive.

And speaking of series, what about all the Maisie films starring Ann
Sothern from Maisie (1939) to Undercover Maisie (1947).  TCM shows
them occasionally but not commercially out as far as I know.

Kay Francis deserves some space: she appeared in the title role of
Dr. Monica (1934) and Mary Stevens M.D. (1933) this would be TCM territory
What about Barbara Stanwyck who se new DVD box set is either out now
or out any minute now..

I wish I had more time.

Oksana

O. Dykyj