Hello!

We are investigating new circulation and security systems for Berkeley
Public. (High circ, large collection dvds and cds)  One option for the
dvds and cds is the full overlay.  That is, it covers the whole disc.
There are two types, a "Sting Ray" or an "X-Range."  All vendors appear
to use either one.

My questions-Do any of your libraries use these?  Are they effective?
Are there problems?

We formerly used the "donuts" on the discs, and they were not that
great.  Got stuck in some players, bubbled up, etc.  We are curious
about this new technology.

.

Any thoughts?

Marti Morec