We have a number of titles from Films Media Group and several of the video (and
audio) databases from Alexander Street Press.  Our experience has been
extremely positive with both vendors.  It's true, bandwidth can be an issue for
some institutions, and it has been a concern for us in relation to routing the
streaming titles through our Proxy server.  This is something I was just made
aware of.  But no complaints at this point in time.  I guess there is always
the potential for a burp.

Anyway,  I'm sure plenty on this list have the expertise to respond to more
particulars, but your IT department should be able to assess your specific
situation.  Regardless, our patrons have been very, very happy with the
selected titles/collections.  We are working successfully with other
distributors as well, although some require us to host and serve the content
locally which is working so far.   I still purchase lots of hard-copy video and
audio, but all things considered having dependable access to streaming media,
as appropriate, is seen very positively by our patrons.

Rue

Rue McKenzie
Coordinator of Media Collections
Academic Resources