If there are PPR rights available in the US they should belong to Swank, the
problem is the film is 11 years old and most contracts on  foreign films run
7 to 10 years. If Swank does not have it your best bet on tracking the PPR
rights are whoever is currently distributing the DVD IF it is still
currently available. Chances are they don't own it but if they are nice they
can tell you where they got the home video rights from and it is likely the
same place. It is alas not uncommon for the PPR rights to basically belong
to the original production company. I forget the exact name but I believed
this is produced by the major Japanese animation studio. Should be easy
enough to google and you have to hope you can find someone there who is
friendly. Part of the problem is that a lot of companies simply have no
interest in the PPR rights so they are not in the home video contracts and
thus belong to original studio/producer etc. This is very much the case with
foreign films.

Good luck

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Sarah E. McCleskey <
sarah.e.mccles...@hofstra.edu> wrote:

>  Yes but where do I get the PPR?  I’ve never been responsible for this
> before …!!
>

> Sarah E. McCleskey
>
> Head of Access Services
>
> Acting Director, Film and Media Library