From: publib-boun...@webjunction.org [publib-boun...@webjunction.org] On Behalf
Of Christy Shannon Smirl [csm...@tclib.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 11:46 AM
To: pub...@webjunction.org
Subject: Re: [Publib] promo copies of music/advance reading books

Regarding the tangential question of whether the promo music case would affect
library use of Advance Reading Copies:  I think it's different.  It's my
impression that the content may change slightly (if only for proofreading)
between the advance reading copy and the final published book.   Cover art and
other details may change as well.  So it's a legal and a practical matter,
bringing up a complicated cataloging issue as well.

There are promo music CDs out there that have different/no cover art, or with
only a sort of "draft" content.  The ones I'm referring to in this scenario are
identical Music CDs that are released to media before retail stores.
Just clarifying,

Christy Smirl
Collection Development Supervisor
Teton County Library