From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica Rosner
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 11:00 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] NY Times article on movies as a shared experience

Dennis
I think you need to help Judy see I KNOW WHERE I AM GOING on the big screen.
(It is Dennis' all time favorite film)
On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 9:19 PM, Dennis Doros
<milefi...@gmail.com<mailto:milefi...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Gary,

I agree, but I would argue that it's one and the same thing. People see going
to a movie now just as if they are watching it at home and feel free to talk,
take phone calls, etc. Theaters stopped treating their customers as community
members and guests -- and let's remember that ushers did have to stop unruly
cinema-goers from day one but there are no more ushers and very few managers
who care about good projection, sound and manners. Add to that a Hollywood not
interested in hiring the best writers and the best material and more interested
in commercial product that can be sold in one sentence. Better movies make less
restless audiences.

Dennis

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 6:28 PM,