From: margot vanderham [mailto:margot...@yahoo.ca]
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2011 2:52 PM
To: Jen Matthews
Subject: african film query

Hello Jennifer!

I have enjoyed looking through your catalogue of African films, so many
interesting ones.

I am trying to find the name (and a copy of) a film I saw in Vancouver in the
80's, early 80's I believe, that was beautifully filmed and amazing as it was a
feature without a word of dialogue, yet it told the story of villagers being
captured for the slave trade who are freed during their journey to the port by
the powers of a shaman who deliberately allows himself to be caught for a time.
It was a Mali-France co-production. I wonder if you have ever heard of it or if
you may have any tips on how I can find it.

Many thanks for your consideration of this request!
Margot Vanderham