There is no obligation on the part of 2nd party seller to do anything
regarding the sale of a "restricted" item. In theory the owner could contact
them with literal proof that the seller "signed" ( perhaps online) a
contract not to resell the item, they might remove it but I find that
somewhat far fetched.  This of course applies only to a legally obtained
copy not an actual bootleg. Realistically I don't see a lot of copies of
somewhat specialized mostly non fiction films sold to individuals directly
from copyright holders flooding the  used market. However it is incumbent on
the rights holder who chooses to have multi-tiered pricing including home
use to make it very clear at the point of sale and to have some record
showing this.

Jessica Rosner
Media Consultant
224-545-3897 (cell)