Hi Gary,

I've been working on some charts to go along with the list using my favorite
screen scraper. It's a mostly automated process so there are some errors at
the moment but I could see this being a very useful resource in years to
come — especially when the "in X years everything will be streaming" debate
crops up from time to time.

Here's a quick sample of what I have so far:

https://my.needlebase.com/actions/visualizer/V2Visualizer.do?domain=VHS-Only&query=Year+Distribution+Chart

The list is still missing many dates but the "hump" through the 40s and 50s
seems pretty clear.

https://my.needlebase.com/actions/visualizer/V2Visualizer.do?query=Top+Directors&domain=VHS-Only

I'm noticing some duplicate entries and other errors on that link but it'll
be easy to clean up later — if everyone could stick to the same citation
format while they're doing edits that will make this process much easier :)

Eventually I'll figure our a way to fill in the missing date and director
fields using the same site. Oh, and I should mention that if anyone wants to
export this data and take a look at their collection it's really easy to do
in Needlebase. Here's a link to an Excel friendly CSV file:
https://my.needlebase.com/actions/api/V2Visualizer.do?domain=VHS-Only&render=Excel&query=Title

Please err on the side of caution when you're using this data — work in
progress!

Chris Markman
Resource Library Coordinator
Visual & Performing Arts