From: Chris McNevins <chris.mcnev...@uconn.edu>
Subject: [Videolib] FACES OF CULTURE
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Date: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 8:51 AM

FACES OF CULTURE

Good Morning, CW….

We’re in the midst of paring down our VHS collection.  It appears that as part
of the cleanup the library withdrew and destroyed our VHS set of FACES OF
CULTURE.  Now we have an instructor who wants to show  [no. 21]. The Asmat of
New Guinea to her class. I contacted Coast Telecourses to see if they still
have this series (it’s not showing up on the website) and am awaiting a reply.
In the meantime, does anyone know if this was ever released on DVD and who
might now distribute it??

Faces of culture ‡h [videorecording] / ‡c produced by Coast Community College
District in cooperation with Harcourt, Brace College Publishers...[et al.] ;
presented by KOCE-TV; producers, Ira R. Abrams, John Bishop.

[no. 1]. The nature of anthropology -- [no. 2]. The nature of culture -- [no.
3]. How cultures are studied -- [no. 4]. Language and communication -- [no. 5].
Psychological anthropology -- [no. 6]. Alejandro Mamani -- [no. 7]. Patterns of
subsistence: food foragers and pastoralists -- [no. 8]. Patterns of
subsistence: food producers -- [no. 9]. Economic anthropology -- [no. 10]. The
Highland Maya -- [no. 11]. Sex and marriage -- [no. 12]. Family and household
-- [no. 13]. The Yucatec Maya -- [no. 14]. Kinship and descent, part I -- [no.
15]. Kinship and descent, part II -- [no. 16]. Age, common interest, and
stratification -- [no. 17]. The Aymara -- [no. 18]. Political organization --
[no. 19]. Social control -- [no. 20]. Religion & magic-- [no. 21]. The Asmat of
New Guinea -- [no. 22]. The arts -- [no. 23]. New Orleans Black Indians -- [no.
24]. Culture change -- [no.25] Cricket the Trobriand way -- [no. 26]. The
future of humanity.

Thanks!

Chris McN

Chris McNevins | ACQUISITIONS COORDINATOR

UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT | HOMER BABBIDGE LIBRARY

369 Fairfield Way Unit 2005AM | Storrs, CT 06269-2005 USA

PH: 860-486-3842 | FX: 860-486-6493 | EMAIL: chris.mcnev...@uconn.edu

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----