I'm trying to find a couple of Chinese films.   I found "In the Heat of the
Sun" at ioffer.com.....ridiculously cheap.

Anyone know of this site.  They have the film, but say it is public domain,
with this statement....Legal?  doesn't sound right....

Rhonda

This Listing violates NO Laws. Read below for more Copyright Information . The
section of American copyright law known as "The Berne Act" clearly states:
films unreleased in the United States, including original version of films
altered and/or edited for release in the United States, are not protected by
American copyright; thus, they are considered public domain. The entire purpose
of our company is to provide (otherwise unavailable) films to the serious video
collector.
We do not offer videos owned by American releasing companies. If a film should
become available domestically, we immediately stop offering it to our clients.

Rhonda Rosen| Head, Media & Access Services
William H. Hannon Library | Loyola Marymount University
One LMU Drive, MS 8200 | Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
rhonda.ro...@lmu.edu| 310/338-4584|
http://library.lmu.edu<http://library.lmu.edu/>
 "You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people
sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing
wild animals as librarians."
--Monty Python