After the 28-day window expires, it is my understanding that a distributor such
as Midwest Tapes will be allowed to sell the retail editions.

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Jessica Rosner
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:05 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Warner Bros. to Delay DVD Release

There is no question it is pretty easy to get around, the question is
how many libraries are going to go the trouble of running over to
Walmart or Target with some petty cash or their own CC ( to be
reimbursed)? I honestly hope libraries would make an organized effort
on this, though spending time to be able to purchase what are likely
to be a lot of crappy Hollywood movies may not seem like a great
cause. Once a rights holder be they a giant studio or small company
decides to sell their product wholesale through third parties they
should not be able to dictate terms of any legal purchase or use.

Also I am still confused by  the extras issue. The first post made is
sound like libraries could NEVER purchase the copies with extras
through Mid-West tape or did I get that wrong?

Jessica Rosner
Media Consultant
224-545-3897 (cell)
212-627-1785 (land line)