Whether or not to focus on technology is a matter of opinion and means,
both financial and technical, as well as what your focus is. Remember,
not everyone is collecting for collecting's sake. We buy streams in
support of classes, period. When classes no longer need them, we don't
need the stream.

We purchase streams from most of the other vendors listed, too. And we
love their content and doing business with them, too. However, the
business model that Films on Demand has set up is the reason they are at
the top of my list. With staffing tight, they take care of delivering
the streams in addition to having a variety of good content, an easy
purchase model, and reasonable prices not to mention an easy to shop
catalog that comes with a method for sharing links on titles of
potential intereste with faculty. Easy, easy, easy.

Jo Ann

Jo Ann Reynolds
Reserve Services Coordinator
University of Connecticut Libraries