Fox and Universal also started this with Redbox and Netflix in April, and I
believe it's still in force.  "New releases" aren't available for 28 days for
rent.

http://gigaom.com/video/redbox-agrees-to-28-day-windows-for-fox-universal-titles/

If Warners manages to get the rental players (Netflix, Redbox,
Dish/Blockbuster) to increase it to 58 days as reported
(http://consumerist.com/2012/01/report-warner-bros-will-stretch-new-release-rental-window-from-28-to-56-days.html)
 others may fall in line.

I can't imagine restricting the ability to rent films for 2 months will
increase sales of DVDs as much as force customers to get other content or
pirate what they want day-and-date rather than wait.  We'll see.

Roger Brown
Manager
UCLA Instructional Media Collections & Services
46 Powell Library
Los Angeles, CA  90095-1517
office: 310-206-1248
fax: 310-206-5392