This is basically what we have also done here at USC with a number of
films that have been released together in both DVD and BluRay formats--
including *The Tree of Life*, *Barney's Version*, etc. Our policy is essentially is not to collect films in BluRay, but when when these double format versions
provide the only access to obtaining a film in DVD, some compromise
seems to be called for.

Cheers,
Anthony

*******************************
Anthony E. Anderson
Assistant Director, Doheny Library
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0182
(213) 740-1190 <tel:%28213%29%20740-1190> antho...@usc.edu <mailto:antho...@usc.edu>
"Wind, regen, zon, of kou,
Albert Cuyp ik hou van jou."

Beth Traylor wrote:

Hi Becky,

We just got this in. We added the DVD version to the collection and stored the BluRay since we don't collect them either - not enough call for them. We put a hidden note in our catalog about splitting up the group.

Beth
Media and Reserve Library
UW-Milwaukee