Thanks Eileen.  This is very helpful.

Cheers,

Matt

From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Karsten, Eileen
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 5:09 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Question about searching videos by geography

We put in subject headings into our records for geographic  searching.  For
films made in another country, we use Foreign films - France, etc.   If the
film is set in a foreign country, we would create a subject heading, e.g.
Midnight in Paris would have Paris (France) - Drama.  For films set in the
U.S., if we think the location is important to the film, we will add subject
heading, e..g. Chicago (Ill.) - Drama.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Eileen Karsten