From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Shoaf,Judith P
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 3:24 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] streaming rights for Truffaut's Shoot the Piano Player?

It is currently available, along with a lot of Criterion films, on Hulu Plus.

I sent a general inquiry about streaming to Jon Mulvaney  of Criterion
mulva...@criterion.com and he replied by referring me to Hulu Plus:

"Institutional streaming licenses are not available at this time.  I do hope
you will find helpful that many of our titles can be streamed on Hulu
(http://www.hulu.com/criterion).  Additionally anyone signing-up on Hulu Plus
with a .edu email address will get their first month free of charge."

I would assume that the instructor could use a subscription to show it in the
classroom, but that students would have to buy a subscription to watch at home.
This is not a bad deal for film majors.The trick is that not all Criterion
films are available all the time. Maybe Hulu could guarantee that a particular
one would be available for a particular term.

Judy Shoaf