From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of
ghand...@library.berkeley.edu
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:37 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Adios: The Movie

Hi all

Well, it's really getting down to the wire, folks...Thursday is it for me.

Given its increasingly dire financial situation, the library no longer provides
individual retirement celebrations; they hold one rather paltry party for
everyone who retires in June...sort of like a mass burial.  Hope there's booze,
at least.

Since I'm in no mood to make yet another going-away speech, I cobbled together
a little 8 minute clip reel that I'm gonna show in flagrant disregard for
copyright.  I think it's only appropriate that I go out in grand, transgressive
style.  And to compound the transgression, I've put the video up for your
streaming pleasure at:

http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/videodir/asx2/adios.asx

Unfortunately, it's encoded for Windows media player...  If you're a Mac person
(as am I), you'll need to download the free Flip4Mac plug-in from
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/windows-media-player/wmcomponents

Don't get your shorts in a wed, Jessica.  I'll take it down tomorrow.

xoxox

g.

Gary Handman
Director