Hello CW,

I have a faculty member who made a film and is trying to get distribution.
It's been in festivals, and he has it for sale on Amazon, but he was hoping to
get a bit more play out of it with universities, libraries,  museums because it
hits so many disciplines.

My thoughts were getting distributors that focus on schools that purchase
educational films, such as Kino, Docurama, maybe Microcinema.  Also, contacting
each one of the more independent distributors.

Here is the link, so you can see what I'm talking about
http://humanities.case.edu/media/eventGuides/191_Frederick_Lewis_Guide.pdf
Reading this may lead you to think he  'should' know what he's doing, but I
think this particular film is his baby, and he wants it to get more play.

I realize we are not distributors, but I wondered if you had any sage or even
unsage advice you could offer. It would be greatly appreciated.  Please let me
know if I overstepped my bounds here.

Thanks a lot
lorraine

lorraine wochna
Alden Library, Ohio University
Instruction Coordinator
Subjects:  African American Studies | English | Film |Theatre
T: 740 597 1238
http://libguides.library.ohiou.edu/profile/lorraine