There is one on Internet Archive.
http://archive.org/details/dw_griffith_birth_of_a_nation

From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Wochna, Lorraine
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 3:37 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Birth of a Nation - the definitive version

Hello all,

I have a prof that wants a copy of Birth of a Nation - we have 5 versions in
our collection.  He seems to think none of them are the 'right' one.  I'm
thinking Kino is the way to go - but your input would be appreciated:

The Birth of a nation [videorecording] / D.W. Griffith
New York, N.Y. : Kino Video, c1993

The birth of a nation [videorecording] / David W. Griffith Corporation
Chatsworth, Calif. : Image Entertainment, 1998

The birth of a nation [videorecording] / D.W. Griffith presents ; produced
under the direction of D.W. Griffith ; story arranged by D.W. Griffith and
Frank E. Woods
Kino on Video, c1992

The birth of a nation [videorecording] / produced under the direction of D.W.
Griffith
Los Angeles, Calif. : Delta Entertainment Corp., c2004

The Birth of a Nation, by Henry B. Walthall, Mae Marsh & Lillian Gish
(performer), by Gish, Lillian, Griffith, D.W., Marsh, Mae & Walthall, Henry B.,
directed by Griffith, D.W. (Kino International, 2002), 211:08 mins (accessed
using Academic Video Online)
                                But I may have to buy a new DVD from Kino?

Just checking which one is the 'preferred' production and/or is there another
production that I don't even know about!
Thanks,
lorraine

lorraine wochna
Alden Library, Ohio University
Instruction Coordinator
Subjects:  African American Studies | English | Film |Theatre
T: 740 597 1238
http://libguides.library.ohiou.edu/profile/lorraine

<<inline: image001.jpg>>