From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of hand...@berkeley.edu
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:36 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Cc: gtana...@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] G. Handman signing off...

Hi All

Well, it has been a little over three months since my retirement from
videolibrariandom...  An interesting experiment in letting go.  I've recently
started a part-time (17 hr a week) gig as coodinator of public services for the
Judah L. Magnes Museum in Berkeley (www.magnes.org) (now administratively a
part of UC Berkeley's Bancroft Library) ...something completely new for
me--both exciting and a bit scary.  It's a contract job, so I'm on for the next
year.  Then I'll have to reassess.

After a great deal of debate, I think it's probably time for me to pull the
plug on my videolib subscription at the end of this week.  I'm sad about doing
this...seems like such a final break with my beloved professional past.  But
probably best to move on.

Gisele Tanasse, Operations Supervisor in the Berkeley Media Center, will be
managing the list after my departure (at least in the short-run).  Pls address
queries to her at gtana...@library.berkeley.edu

My email is hand...@berkeley.edu and I'd love to stay in touch.  I'd be glad to
continue bouncing ideas around and sharing whatever professional wisdom I have
(as long as the shelf-life is still good) with librarian colleagues or with
film distributors or makers.

Salud!

Gary

Gary Handman
hand...@berkeley.edu

“Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light.”
--Groucho Marx