From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Michelle Ehlert
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 10:16 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Films on Demand vs. VAST

Hi All,

We currently subscribe to Films on Demand from Films Media Group, and are
considering a subscription to Alexander Street Press' VAST.  Both resources
contain films from some of the same producers/distributors;  we're unable to
run an overlap analysis of the products using SerialsSolutions' overlap
analysis tool, and are wondering if there is much overlap in coverage between
the two products. Have any libraries that subscribe to both done any kind of
overlap analysis - or just anecdotally, have you noticed much duplication of
films between the two resources?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Best,
Michelle

Michelle Ehlert, MLIS
Assistant Director of Technical Services
Library and Information Services
Metropolitan State University
645 East 7th Street
St. Paul, MN 55106