Hi Matt,

Archive.org doesn't have complete transcripts in its tv news collection,
but the keyword indexing is fairly robust and it has multiple programs from
both of the networks you mention.  If all else fails, she may be able to do
targeted searching for mentions of family and related terms.

https://archive.org/details/tv

All best,
Brian Boling
Media Services Librarian