In short, we don't do it!

The library is unwilling to assume responsibility for the stability and
continued access to content that we do not own (or have licenses access to)

My Streaming Video Libguide (http://libguides.asu.edu/streamingvideo)
provides a tab that lists Internet sources.  But the site includes a
disclaimer:  "ASU Libraries is not responsible for any of the content
linked from these sites.  We cannot guarantee availability of the content
they provide, nor assume responsibility for the functionality of these
sites."

Many of these sites restructure, change URL paths, or otherwise alter
content.  The library has limited staff to deal with the myriad herculean
tasks of providing metadata and catalog records for the content that we do
own or license.  Dealing with open access content is just too much to take
on.

That said, it would be interesting to see if media professionals could
mount a web 2.o/crowd source solution pointing to excellent sources on
open access sites.

For example:  The Amish:  A people of Preservation is on Folkstreams.

deg farrelly, Media Librarian
Arizona State University Libraries
Hayden Library C1H1
P.O. Box 871006