Yes and yes. In our case, the film was not in high demand, and we never did
get clearance. So, eventually we just got rid of it. If it were something
that faculty really wanted to use, I would have followed up regularly with
the filmmaker to 1) let him/her know of the interest 2) Be on top of any
clearance that did come through.

This happened almost immediately after the point of purchase, so we were
not charged for this dvd.

Julie

*Julie Evershed, Director*
University of Michigan  Language Resource Center
105 South State Street  1195 North Quad
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285
(734) 764-0424
http://www.lsa.umich.edu/lrc/