Hi, Chris,

The big, commercial multiplexes are all digital.  But independent theaters
are either hybrid exhibitors or in the process of fundraising for their DCP
equipment.  An active community of 35mm exhibitors does exist for a number
of reasons: the percentage of films available on DCP is very small and 35mm
offers a different experience from digital (which is actually marketable
and profitable).

Best wishes,
Elena Rossi-Snook
Chair, Association of Moving Image Archivists Film Advocacy Task Force