Have you contacted the rights holder/distributor to see if they can do a
license for a semester or whatever length you need? I would think most
would be flexible.  Or do you mean that the film is only sold with PPR
rights and NOT streaming rights? These are two very distinct rights and it
is very possible that a company that sells only PPR rights does not own
streaming rights.

Again not clear on if you can only get PPR rights and need streaming but in
general streaming rights are easier to obtain for short terms since most
major rights holders limit streaming to a year in the case of studios.

You also have the issue of nearly constant rights changes. I know this has
been my personal crusade but I still caution when buying fiction feature
films with lifetime rights from anyone other than the filmmaker or
production company as I know of no company willing to license these for
lifetime streaming.

Regards

Jessica