Well you will inevitably get different types of contracts for streaming
film. I know I sound like a broken record but only a relatively small
number of films can really be purchased with lifetime streaming which I
know libraries would love. Nearly all fiction feature films either have
contracts that limit the distributors rights to a set number of years or
they are owned by major studios who I don't believe will ever agree to
selling lifetime streaming rights.

The exception would be non fiction work where you are either dealing
directly with the filmmaker or with their representative who has agreed to
let them sell lifetime rights. I would really urge caution and make sure
ask anyone selling lifetime streaming to indemnify that they either own
them outright ( pretty much the directors) or have an explicit contract
from rights holder granting them the specific right to sell lifetime
streaming.

There is in my view always going massive numbers of films changing
distributors and rights holders. ASP and other services are naturally going
to lose rights to some films and get rights to others as are distributors
who sell direct streaming rights.

I have been cynical about this back to 16mm days. There is simply never
going to be one model or source that gets you rights to do what you want
with every film. As noted in a previous email right now you can't not for
any amount of money get streaming rights for CITY LIGHTS or BLADE RUNNER.
We know you can't even get US distributed copy of  A DAY IN THE COUNTRY let
alone any rights for streaming or PPR.

Just do the best you can to get the rights you need but understand that
believe it or not some classes will have to actually show the film in class
or buy a region 2 DVD to circulate or have to find another title because
the one the prof wants simply is not legally available in any format