Hi Rhonda,

Technically anyone can stream internationally. If the stream is coming from a
single server (single location) in the US, the stream is much more subject to
Internet congestion and other factors that impact quality than a company who's
content is hosted by a CDN (Content Delivery Network) that has the content
copied on servers around the world. Typically the shorter the delivery distance
the more reliable the signal. So the first question to the vendor is  how they
are hosting.

The second question would be rights. It is quite possible a vendor has
worldwide rights either because it is their own production, they negotiated
those rights up front or they seek a one off exemption for you. The study
abroad question becomes murky as Jessica points out. My humble opinion is if a
student is enrolled on a US campus and they want to watch a program in their
apartment off campus, their parent's home in another state or in another
country they are studying in, it would be legal streamed or if they carried a
DVD with them. If a school has a foreign branch and they want to license rights
for that foreign branch, then the vendor would have to have international
rights. My 2 cent interpretation.

Hope that helps,
Bob

Robert A. Norris