And there are these titles about food, in one way or another, on Docuseek2 (several already mentioned on some other lists):

AWARA SOUP
Explores the multicultural reality of French Guiana through a heavenly soup.
Collective Eye | 1996 | 70 minutes

DECONSTRUCTING SUPPER
A leading chef investigates food safety in the age of GMOs and industrial agriculture.
Bullfrog Films | 2002 | 48 minutes

DIRT! THE MOVIE
The story of Earth's most valuable and underappreciated source of fertility, from its miraculous beginning to its crippling degradation.
Bullfrog Films | 2010 | 80 minutes

FISH MEAT
The age of fish meat is here. Our hunger for seafood grows and grows but the seas are running out of fish. But what exactly is farmed fish? Where does it come from, and how is it made?
Collective Eye | 2012 | 52 minutes

FOOD DESIGN
A look inside the secret chambers where designers and scientists are defining your favorite mouthful of tomorrow.
Icarus Films | 2010 | 52 minutes

FOR THE BEST AND FOR THE ONION!
A verite documentary that captures the rhythms of agricultural life in Niger, and how the vagaries of market price and harvest can affect the most intimate personal decisions.
Icarus Films | 2010 | 52 minutes

FUTURE FOOD
With 9 billion people on planet Earth in the year 2050, this six-part series examines how we will feed ourselves in the 21st century.
Bullfrog Films

GOOD FOOD
An intimate look at the farmers, ranchers, and businesses that are creating a more sustainable food system in the Pacific Northwest.
Bullfrog Films | 2008 | 73 minutes

INGREDIENTS
Empowers and sparks the joy of discovery in creating a healthier, more sustainable model for living and eating well in a world in need of balance.
Collective Eye | 2010 | 67 minutes

KING CORN
By growing an acre of corn in Iowa two friends uncover the devastating impact that corn is having on the environment, public health and family farms.
Bullfrog Films | 2007 | 90 minutes

THE NEW GREEN GIANTS
Examines the complex and controversial world of today's exploding organic food industry.
Bullfrog Films | 2013 | 47 minutes | 10 - 12, College, Adults

NOTHING LIKE CHOCOLATE
The story of Mott Green and the solar-powered Grenada Chocolate Company, a farmers' and chocolate-makers' co-op, which makes organic chocolate from tree-to-bar.
Bullfrog Films | 2012 | 68 minutes | 10 - 12, College, Adults

OUR DAILY BREAD
A spectacular visual essay composed of epic tableaus, a haunting vision of our modern food industry, and the methods and technology utilized for mass production.
Icarus Films | 2006 | 92 minutes

PLANEAT
Makes the case for a plant-based diet which is good for our bodies, good for the environment and mitigates climate change.
Bullfrog Films | 2011 | 72 minutes

RED PERSIMMONS
A visually elegant paean to the cultivation and harvesting of the sweet red fruit, and the disappearance of a traditional way of life in rural Japan.
Icarus Films | 2004 | 90 minutes

SEEDS OF HUNGER
A global investigation into the evolving nature of food production, and the crisis it may portend.
Icarus Films | 2009 | 52 minutes

TIERRALISMO
An in-depth portrait of a Cuban agricultural collective that has drawn international acclaim for its sustainable practices.
Icarus Films | 2014 | 49 minutes

WE FEED THE WORLD
Vividly reveals the dysfunctionality of the industrialized world food system and shows what world hunger has to do with us.
Bullfrog Films | 2007 | 96 minutes

WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE?
A witty and provocative documentary about kids and food politics.
Bullfrog Films | 2009 | 76 minutes

Jim Davis