We ran into the same issue a few years ago when we ordered this set. Even
after correspondence between my library dean and the university counsel, the
company would not relent on only allowing us to purchase one copy. I think
the acquisitions person even tried to circumvent this by ordering a set as a
personal copy, but I guess when the company did a search of the
shipping/billing address and discovered it was going to a university, then
that order was cancelled.  In the end, we ordered the two sets because the
faculty was very insistent on acquiring this set for his department’s
animation program and curriculum.

http://bridges.searchmobius.org:80/record=b1775861~S9

When we first ordered it, my intention was to keep one set in storage to use
as a backup in case a disc in the circulating set ended up damaged, lost, or
missing. However, I think the head of technical services or someone higher
than me (my memory is foggy) made the decision to circulate both sets. The
discs are cataloged individually so a patron does not need to check out the
entire set, which I think has helped keep the discs from disappearing or
damaged.

I hope that helps!

Jodie

Jodie L. Borgerding, M.L.S.

Instruction and Liaison Librarian

Emerson Library

Webster University

470 E. Lockwood

St. Louis, MO  63119

(314) 246-7819

 <mailto:jborgerdin...@webster.edu> jborgerdin...@webster.edu

 <http://libguides.webster.edu/soc> http://libguides.webster.edu/soc

 <http://libguides.webster.edu/religion>
http://libguides.webster.edu/religion

 <http://libguides.webster.edu/zombies> http://libguides.webster.edu/zombies

“Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the
information he wants.”