?????  How does the law not preclude streaming without a license? If you
don't need a license to stream ( and FYI streams often if not mostly viewed
OFF campus so ) then why ever pay for them?  Streaming is an exclusive
right of a rights holder You have to pay for any title you want to stream
at least an entire film . Ironically it was the GSU and Google Books cases
which made this even clearer recently as in both cases it was emphasized
ONLY portions of works could be digitzed and put online  ( and that portion
is still under appeal) without approval of the rights holder so not like
there is not very current law on the issue.

How is work copied from a presumably out of print VHS able to be streamed
without clearance from a rights holder if you could not do that with say
Citizen Kane or Grey Gardens?

Please show me where Section 8 makes reference to that or are you claiming
"fair use" despite the GSU and Google book case decisions?