Dear Jonathan,

Very interesting questions.  Just to help clarify.  We have one portal so that
we can get our statistics from one place.  We also purchase in perpetuity/for
the life of the film format so we don't have to worry about renewing for the
most part.  There are a few exceptions.  And we expect to pay a reasonable
price.

A circulation is a view in this category, though I can slice and dice it by
minutes of viewing if I want.  But what's to say when someone checks out a
physical copy, do they watch the whole thing.  We count circulations for
physical copies when we do an analysis of use, and we don't know how much of
the film they are watching.  They could start it, stop it for a bit and then
start it again.  So I was counting circulations, no matter how long just like
physical copies.  Yes, we have more control over streaming statistics and I can
break it down by length of time and what percentage of the collection is being
used.  I may just do that to see (15% or 10 minutes)?

As far as circulation for 2013-2014, we did not have the budget to purchase
streaming that year so we primarily purchased hard copy that was being
requested.  That is one factor in seeing the increase in hard copy circulation.
 This year I was able to purchase in-perpetuity more streaming titles that were
being requested so I suspect I'll see another jump in streaming.

This is a different medium so it will be interesting to do some further
statistical analysis.  I'm lucky in that I have one portal so I don't have to
depend on how different distributors count views.  I can see the length of time
they are viewing and I can also determine whether they are viewing the whole
film or just clips.  And I can determine if they are a student, staff or
faculty member by class.

Thanks for the feedback.  Jane