From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu <videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu>
on behalf of Lowell Lybarger <llybar...@atu.edu>
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2015 2:50 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Open Stacks Circulation Practices

Our library has recently shifted from closed stacks access to open access of
the DVD collection and we are exploring options to assist in the organizing and
shelf reading of the collection.  I have few questions for those who have open
stacks access:

Do you employ any additional metadata for your call numbers?

Have you simplified the metadata?

How many staff shelf read the collection and how often?

What is your best solution for keeping things in order and tidy?

Many thanks,

Lowell

Lowell Lybarger, PhD, MLIS
305 West Q St.