Newish book by  Erika Day Peterson (Media Librarian) and Cheryl Duncan
(Acquisitions), James Madison University
*Creating a Streaming Video Collection for Your Library*.  Rowman &
Littlefield, 2014.
Still relevant.
Mary Laskowski's *Guide to Video Acquisitions in Libraries*, ALA ALCTS. 2011

Other core books:
Ciara Healy's *Current Trends in Academic Media Collections and Services*.
John Hopkins UP, 2010.

Gary Handman's *Video Collection Development in Multi-Type Libraries*.
(1994 & 2002, each edition covers different topics).  A bit dated, but
covers many core issues and history of the market.

older books by Sally Mason-Robins, Stein/Brown, and Jim (James) Scholtz for
practical issues for physical media center issues, collection management (I
recently used one of Jim's old books for est. stacks weight for legacy
media format collections)

Articles:
Rebecca Schroeder , Julie Williamsen. *S**treaming Video: The Collaborative
Convergence of Technical Services, Collection Development, and Information
Technology in the Academic Library
<http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01462679.2011.554128>. **Collection
Management*  <http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/wcol20/36/2>,Vol. 36,
Iss. 2, 2011.
Has a decent literature review and great charts and description of purchase
models.

*Library Journal* often covers this topic.  See recent
On Demand: Academic Streaming Media.  by Matt Enis.  Oct. 22, 2015 issue

There have been some issues of journals devoted to media concerns.
Library Trends, 58 (3) <https://www.ideals.illinois.edu/handle/2142/16664>
Current Trends in Academic Media Collections and Services Issue.  Winter
2010

To stay up to date, I often watch online presentations.

And, I endorse Barb's suggestion of at least once attending NMM and
participating with ALA VRT, ALA ACRL ARTS, CCUMC, OLAC, or another media
focused group. You will meet many of these authors or presentors, who are
always willing to help you if you reach out to them individually.

Nell

Nell Chenault
Film and Performing Arts
VCU Libraries