**Apologies for cross posting**

ALA's ALCTS Acquisitions Section Publications Committee is planning a new
publication, Guide to Streaming Video Acquisitions in Libraries, a successor to
a previous ALA publication, Guide to Video Acquisitions in Libraries, and we
would like to invite you to submit chapter proposals.

Project Description: Guide to Streaming Video Acquisitions in Libraries will
provide an overview of the various aspects involved in selecting, acquiring,
and making streaming video available to our patrons. More specifically, it will
examine various business models and their impact on collection development,
licensing and accessibility considerations, methods for improving
discoverability, and workflows for tying it all together.

Intended Market: While primarily intended for library administrators,
collection development and acquisitions librarians who are new to format, this
guide should cover areas that will benefit even those experienced with
streaming video.

Potential Topics:

*                  Pedagogy

*                  Licensing

*                  Discovery

*                  Usage Analysis

*                  Workflows

*                  Accessibility

*                  Future of the medium

Have another idea for a topic? We'd love to hear about it. We encourage you to
contact the Committee Chair at
ehartn...@library.tamu.edu<mailto:ehartn...@library.tamu.edu> to discuss how
your idea may fit within this book's scope.

Please get your ideas in by November 4, 2016.

Sincerely,
Eric Hartnett

Eric Hartnett
Interim Director of Electronic Resources
Texas A&M University Libraries
(979) 845.0797