Hi guys,

okay, so the libarchive and zlib issues should be (mostly) fixed. Both
can be linked statically. Namik just pushed a version which allows to
also build it dynamically. Will this work sufficiently well? We will
have to make sure Windows finds these dlls, which is cumbersome... Any
ideas how to ensure this? Copying the .dll files to the .exe?

There are three things left to make everything really smoothly:

1.) Boost: Namik, can you please remove all use of Boost (sources plus
build system files)? This is just required at very few locations, mostly
sparse stuff, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I'll commit some matrix
generation code soon, which will allow us to get rid of all the IO and
the testdata files, which is the primary use of Boost.

2.) viennacl/: I'll add viennacl-dev as a submodule in external/, so
that a user does not have to specify the path manually with CMake.

3.) libarchive+zlib: It seems like in the current build setup the zlib
is not enabled in libarchive, as it tries to run 'gzip' as a fallback.
Namik, can you please have a look at that?

I'll be online in our IRC channel during the next hours, so let's get
this fixed quickly and enjoy a nice build system then :-)

Best regards,
Karli