Uday,

I've been starting to use IMAP for my mail now, though I haven't
updated my vm-spool-files setup yet to use IMAP as my main INBOX.
Haven't quite decided how I want that to work.

So now when I startup VM and do 'vm-visit-imap-folder' it doesn't ask
me for my password, while 'vm-list-imap-folders' does.  So in a new
emacs/vm session, I have to first list the folders, then I can visit
my imap folder.

I have the following in my vm-imap-account-alist, which I think is
what I need.  Am I missing something?

    (setq vm-imap-expunge-after-retrieving nil)
    (setq vm-imap-account-alist
               '(
                 ("imap-ssl:exmail1:993:*:login:stoffj:*" "exmail1")
                )
    )

This is all on CentOS 6.2, GNU Emacs 23.1.1, vm 8.2.0b.  I cheerfully
admit I've been carrying forward most of the same .vm and .emacs
settings for years and years, only fixing things when they break, so
it could be that I'm doing something wrong somewhere.

I do have (require 'vm-autoloads) in my .emacs, though 8.2.0b still
has the bug where it doesn't load vm-reply properly.  Can you *please*
release 8.2.0c with that fix?

Thanks for all your hard work, I really do appreciate it alot!
John