Uday

I've just installed 24.4 and - so far (based upon running it most of
today) - I've not seen the problem. So it looks to be a trunk vs
release difference. Both the trunk and the release were run from the
build areas.

When the problem occurred (with the trunk version) I was also seeing
an occasional

Error running timer `vm-check-mail-itimer-function': (vm-imap-protocol-error
"No response from the IMAP server")

message in the echo area - I use vm-mail-check-interval, and sometimes
I had to attempt to exit the imap folder twice as the first time it
errored

You think a report to emacs-bug?

I see this

2014-07-07  Paul Eggert  <egg...@cs.ucla.edu>

        Minor fixups related to usage of the 'long' type.
        * gnutls.c (emacs_gnutls_handshake):

but that seems to be the only tls related checkin since the last
one in the release -  or does imap use other bits of core emacs?

I'm using imap-ssl:host:993:*:login:user:* for the
vm-imap-account-alist connection

Robert