Mikkel Krøigård <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I remember trying out how to implement Python modules in C, and you
> needed to define special functions that map to C functions.
> Presumably there is something of the same kind going on inside gmpy
> that we can measure separately from the rest of the Python code. I
> am not familiar with the profilers though, and I could be wrong.

I've looked at the GMPY code, and it is a fairly straightforward
wrapper for the GMP library, as you describe.

But I don't know if it makes it easier for us to benchmark just
because it is split into its own C code...

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multi-Party Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.