Martin Geisler <m...@daimi.au.dk> writes:

> If you would like to add stuff to the page, then you can always find
> the latest version here:
>
>   http://hg.viff.dk/viff/raw-file/tip/doc/todo.txt
>
> People with commit access are of course encouraged to edit the file
> directly :-)

Let me just explain how the VIFF homepage is automatically built:

* We have a number of build slaves, controlled by the build master
  running on camel30.

* New changesets that should appear on http://hg.viff.dk/viff/ must
  not be pushed directly there since that wont inform the buildbots.

* Instead all outgoing changes must be pushed to

    ssh://v...@fh.daimi.au.dk/viff-outgoing

* That directory has two "hooks" installed which will

  a) Inform the buildbot about new changesets (easy since we're now
     inside the DAIMI firewall).

  b) Push new changesets to ssh://viff.dk/repos/viff, making them
     visible on the web (easy if you have SSH agent forwarding enabled
     and your SSH key is on viff.dk).

* The build master informs the appropriate build slaves to build the
  Sphinx and epydoc documentation.

* The slaves upload the new documentation and makes a symbolic link
  called 'tip' which points to the current changeset. This is what
  makes /doc/index.html always point to the latest documentation.

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multiparty Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.