Marcel Keller <mkel...@cs.au.dk> writes:

>> Indeed we did not know (well I didn't) back then that the data was
>> not sent immediately by Twisted, and I was starting to think
>> yesterday whether the hack would make a difference. Lucky for us, it
>> apparently does :)
>
> That is not the only problem. To free the memory of the shares and to
> send out further shares, also the incoming shares must be processed as
> soon as possible. This is even trickier because incoming shares might
> trigger code that calls functions sending out data, which activates
> the Twisted reactor again and therefore leads to a possibly too deep
> recursion. I think I have a solution for that, it just wasn't
> necessary to implement it for now because the hack worked anyway.

I guess we could simply not recurse if the recursion depth is too big?

At some point we have to let the recursive calls finish in order to let
the local variables and stack frames be garbage collected.

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multiparty Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.