Quoting Janus Dam Nielsen <j...@cs.au.dk>:

In the simple case I want to shout out a number to everybody, even somebody who is eavesdropping.

But secrecy of what you shout is not the real problem. The problem is to make sure everyone agrees on what was said. This is not obvious in the case where people may not follow the protocol. For instance, if you want a solution that does not depend on computational assumptions, then if a third or more of the players are corrupt, then there is NO solution.

Think of 3 players A,B and C, where A wants to broadcast a message, say 0 or 1. One player may be corrupt. So A is supposed to send a bit b to both B and C. Say B hears 0 from A. He doesn't know if A said the same to C. He can ask C what he heard, but if C says "A said 1 to me", there is no way to tell if A or C is lying..

regards, Ivan

--
Janus